Speed writing and staring your fears in the eye


Without taking the time to decide the topic I'm going to write on, I have just started the timer and now I feel words will rush out.

Even if you think I’m a fool, it’s fine because I have to just take out my thoughts on paper as rapidly as I can.

No cares. I’m ready to destroy my reputation for the sake of productivity.

I know that we human beings have the capacity of thinking stuff amounting to hundreds of words in a single sec. I also know that we require some effort of the mind to shape those thoughts to words, and when the writing task is also involved with it, the toughness notches up more.

Yet I think that often it’s laziness and time-expensive to wait and wait for figuring out the topic because time – one of our most precious commodities – slips fast.

It’s laziness because oftentimes what we need is just getting started and the topic takes form automatically.

You have heard it hundreds of times that writing is tough as hell.

But rarely the naked truth is heard that delaying tough things is rooted in our nature.

Since writing is tough, so we take refuge in clever excuses to procrastinate.

But getting up and taking a plunge is what we often require to improve and take our talents to the next level. I know that it’s uncomfortable to see yourself making foolish mistakes or messing things up, but if you do want to create something worthy of appreciation, you require to have the nerves to look in the eyes of your shortcomings.

This is how an artist makes his art. If you’re led by fear and doubt, it’s unlikely that you’ll ever accomplish anything consequential.

I have realised that when you say that you’re unable to do your core work, what it often translates to is that you’re backing away from tough work. When you say your creativity well is running dry, it’s likely that you’re not willing to put forth the emotional labour that it takes to do it.

It means you’re afraid of failures, rejections, criticism.

I think that more than 90% of our excuses for lagging behind and not able to do concrete work lie in our unwillingness to embrace uncomfortable situations. Our enemy is our laziness, our fear of facing our shortcomings – the sooner we get over them the better for our progress.

I have read a couple of books on self-improvement and now it’s time I implemented the tips on my life. I fight shy to implement the knowledge I get, but if I do want to double or triple the speed of my progress, then I require to take bolder actions.

A gram of action is better than a ton of books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy