This common blessing can make you a disruptively productive machinegun


No, it’s not getting into a top university.

It’s not your luck, either.

It’s rather something old, easy, humble.

But – let me give you a little context first.

What I learn while juggling my day job with reading, personal journaling and publishing blogposts here is that when I try to go ahead towards 1 particular area, my focus shifts away from other critical areas.

These days I’m racking my mind on the issue of offering my daughter a great education and what could be the most advantageous for her: Schools, private tutor or home education.

Before this it was the renovation of my dilapidated house.

Because you know that it feels selfish to think only about personal growth. It’s your top responsibility to think about your family also.

Of course, focussing on all the things simultaneously isn’t fun.

Even if you permit no extra traffic in your head (news, gossip, social networks) there’s already more than you can easily handle.

So?

There’s the need to adopt an exquisite technique so no critical work slips through the cracks.

I mean calendar.

Today only I’ll open up my phone calendar to schedule my reading and writing days. I can even schedule the time for different kinds of writing.

Because sometimes when I write, it’s free, sometimes it’s topic-specific, while sometimes I rewrite (prune up) the written piece.

So far making a reading schedule is concerned, I can make a similar timetable there as well.

Generally my reading is divided in 3 main categories: Self-help books, writing content, and a bit of spiritual reading.

It would be better if I list out the book(s) I’m going through to maintain my focus. Capping that reading with a timeframe would intensify my focus even further.

I have since long felt the need of keeping a calendar, but it’s unfortunate that till now I haven’t put this productivity-ramping up ritual in practice.

I have heard a lot of folks emphasising on the fruitfulness of scheduling their tasks in calendars. It has done wonders for them, and if I do want to take a giant leap forward, this is perhaps the single most important thing that I can do today.

Working as a hurricane is irrefutably the precursor of success. But guys in a disruptive hurry for change further require to take extraordinary measures to go full steam ahead on their courses.

If you’re stuck up with doing what other hard workers are doing, then sorry, you’re not going to cut it. Besides going around your work hard as a raging hurricane you require to take fresh measures and experiment novel techniques on your work to actually grab heart-moving rewards.

You need to drag yourself to the edge of your so-called comfort zone and then you have to try even harder to go ahead.

You’re on fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy