Self-talk: A page from my personal journal


I think and talk enough about how to improve myself. I do the same about shedding my unproductive activities. It’s not that I’m not implementing what I’m reading, but it feels that there’s more that I need to do to ramp up my improvement further.

I also feel that brooding all the time about improvement and success can turn counterproductive. I must have days when I should write only for pleasure. Writing can be a great pastime to entertain my mind.

These days I have written quite a bit, and now I’m feeling like putting it down for some time, maybe for a day. Today I don’t feel like writing on my blog, but the word that I have inadvertently omitted needs to be put back because it’s rendering the entire sentence meaningless. Had it been a typo, I could have afforded to go without changing, but it’s a clear mistake, and this is the reason why I have to set it right forthwith.

No matter however much I strive to write lightly, it happens that I feel a heaviness in my heart when it comes to writing on my blog. I require to water down this worry to make my writing many times better and easier.

A lot is said about interlacing figurative language to beautify your writing, but a bland prose, I feel, can transform to sweet music if you begin to write with your full heart. If you’re pouring down your heart and soul in your writing, you might not need to make a deliberate effort to interweave any stylistic device to make your writing lilt and gleam.

This looks a very vital point. And that I have understood the fruitfulness of this point is praiseworthy. Writing should be plain, as plain as the thoughts of your heart.

There often is a lot of traffic in our mind. If we need to write clearly, we have to first clear that traffic, because then what will flow is going to be smooth and clean.

I have with pleasure read many statements released by the governments that have no frictions or confusion. They’re clear as trees after lashed by rains. They seem to be written by great writers, who know how to clearly express the thoughts on paper, and who appear having an unquenchable thirst of stating the ideas with distinct clarity.

No matter if great figures of speech are employed in their work or not, no matter if big and high-sounding words are used there, whatever they write seems to have a life of its own – in fact they write with so much passion that they put their soul out on paper.

Not easy to write with such pure emotions, one will say, but if you have in your heart the love for language and a fondness for plainly putting forth your points, it can become as easy to you as any other activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy