3 surprising fears why you’re not successful


Will it surprise you if I tell you that you already have everything you require to get successful?

For a moment, it might even look ludicrous to you.

But maybe, by the time you reach the end of this post, you might get convinced of your foolish, imaginary fears that are holding you back in the trenches you have forged for yourself.

Maybe by the end of this post you’ll get convinced that you don’t need more talent, more skills, more connections, more of nothing which you’re presently hoping for…

To your astonishment, you might instead uncover that what you need is to break your mental barriers, the ghosts and enemies for success that you have housed in your heart.

Ready?

Just bear with me for I’m going to be harsh and brutally honest with you.

Your fears!

1. You fear hard work

Admit it, you could be not working with your full potential because you fear hard work.

This is the case with me. If I argue with myself honestly, I’ll know that I could have performed many times better if I had done justice with my capabilities.

If I had worked thoroughly, as I should have, I would have scored better at academics.

Better on my profession and better on this blog.

But the bitter truth?

It’s a lot of hard work to work as per our potential.

For example, if you ask me to read something passively, I’ll happily accept it, because it’s easy for me. But if you assign me a specific topic and ask me to research and write on it to publish it on my blog or somewhere else, I’ll spin up a cluster of clever excuses to back away.

It’s not that I don’t possess what it takes to craft an attention-grabbing post. The truth is that deep down I know that it would be a lot of hard work to write such a post, and therefore I prefer to settle with the easy, which is reading passively or writing to myself and then deleting it.

So, while you read this, ask yourself –

Are you working as per your potential?

Are you delaying your success because you don’t want to work hard enough?

2. You fear being ridiculed

Clear up everything else from your mind and answer this.

What you’re going to prefer – doing something which has no risk of attracting ridicule or something which puts you exposed to be scrutinised and judged?

Honestly, I’m going to jump on things that won’t expose me to get pierced by ridicule and criticism.

This is because we want to preserve our self-esteem. We get creative in avoiding the things that can wound it.

And it’s due to this desire of ours that we back away from putting our work in open – handing it over to our professors, publishing it on our blog, sending something out to the editors and so on.

Yes, if you confine your writing for your journal (as often is the case with me) you’ll know that nobody is going to review and criticise your work.

You’re safe.

But putting it out in public is going to expose you to getting condemned, or even being framed stupid or untalented, and this fear cuts deep in your heart.

You consequently prefer not to venture out of your comfort area, keeping your work up to yourself or showing it only to your close friends or family members. You know that they won’t ridicule you.

3. You fear change

Close your eyes and imagine your dream project taking off and creating a ruckus in the market. That book, that app, whatever that venture –it’s out and has earned you a celebrity status.

Does something tingle in your heart? You think that you’ll jump on such a thing.

Right?

But we fear change.

And it might be hard for you to believe, but a reason could also be that you fear a change. Change is another name for uncertainty.

A successful you will find himself in new surroundings, accompanied by a different set of folks, with a radically changed lifestyle. But you’re settled and comfortable in your present environment.

Actually, our ancestors thousands and thousands of years ago preferred not to venture out of familiar lands, because they faced the risks of being hunted by predators or folks of other tribes. Therefore they adopted the policy of staying in lands and climates familiar to them.

Their fear of a change was valid then, because they stood up against something life-threatening.

In the present times, we obviously don’t face the risk of being killed or getting severely wounded if we change our circumstance. But our psyche (the lizard brain) being passed on to us from our ancestors still operates in the same old way.

Emerson said, “Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors.”

So…

You could be holding yourself back where you’re at present because you probably have the fear of the change and uncertainty success is going to bring you.


Well?

These were the 3 fears which I confess are holding me back. Go ahead and think for a minute – this could be the case with you as well.

You probably possess what it takes to get successful and living your dreams!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy