How to give your 100% to everything you do


You or I or anybody can get as successful as he dreams to by doing a simple thing.

And, that simple thing is meditation, or being fully present in the moment.

Many people think that meditation is the practice of sitting quietly in a secluded corner, paying attention to your breathing and mentally scanning all the parts of your body.

It means that you shut off yourself from all external stimuli and internal triggers so to cancel out all the bustle of this ever-speeding world.

While this is true, many folks also are of the view that you can’t meditate while you’re

  • Fixed in traffic
  • Engaged in any mentally demanding tasks
  • Having food or coffee

However, pause and reflect…

Isn’t meditation another name for being fully present in the moment – of pouring the purest of your attention on whatever you’re doing at that specific moment?

If you’re having a juice, pay attention to its taste, colour, texture. How it touches your lips, how it slides down your throat, what sensation its cool makes in your belly, how energised you feel and so on.

When you’re taking a shower, feel the water on your head, eyes, face, body. Pay attention when it freshens up your nostrils, cleans your ears and wets the corners of your eyes. Listen to its beautiful lapping as it strikes against your body. You might enjoy it.

Maybe, you’ll be tempted to quickly dismiss this attention-paying on such minute details to be a waste of time.

After all, how can you afford to notice these ‘useless’ things when such a heavy traffic of affairs is pending on your work plate to be checked off?

Sound rubbish, right?

Wrong.

The aim of meditation is to slow down so that you can get fully present.

So that we close all needless traffic from our mind which makes us feel rushed up and anxious. And we know that if this feeling of being rushed up continues for a long time, it even triggers irritation and attracts hypertension as magnet attracts iron filings.

It paradoxically suppresses the very purpose of our labour – getting productive and creative.

Therefore:

If I’m writing, I try not to think about any worries: How my loved ones feel, what about my job, not even about my writing. I simply try being in the moment, realising everything around me, and watching myself as I write, giving words to my thoughts in real time.

If I’m with my children, I try not to let my mind straggle off to work or anyone else. With love and compassion, I pour my complete concentration on them, feeling myself and also making them feel that I’m totally with them.

And this being present in the moment goes for everything, even for distractions.

Well, did I say distractions?

Yes, because being thoroughly aware of the distractions helps us wriggle out of them faster than if we allow them run in the background.

The sad truth is that we have got so accustomed to distractions that we’re not even aware of what’s distracting us.

This time I’m writing, and it’s good that I’m trying harder than before to pour my full attention on it. This is a simple thing, and no matter how simple it is, it has the potential to make me successful and powerful.

Yes, we can get successful this very moment provided that we implement on ourselves this advice of being fully present in the moment and shedding our 100% attention on the ongoing activity.

This being fully present in the moment advice won’t only bring happiness in our lives, it also is going to make people around us happier. Half commitments to things hasn’t ever worked, and it won’t work in future as well.

I don’t need to read more books and blogposts to ramp up my improvement as much as implementing this miraculous and humble advice of being fully present. The same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy