Amazing: Gold rush again – fortify yourself against fraudsters

It was 1850s when folks found themselves hooked by the irresistible news that a massive quantity of gold is buried in the deserted state of California in America.

A crazy stampede of folks scampered towards the promised land in the hope of getting back carrying a potful of glittering gold so that they can quench their acute desire of instantly getting rich.

But there're a multitude of dark stories covered beneath this gold-dazzling screen.

And the truth, harsh as a swishing cane, is this:

Though a handful of folks did get super rich, the little-cared about truth is that there were countless who lost there everything in this crazy pursuit.

Pre-embarking on their chase, these ambitious gold seekers turned off the nobs of their income streams – selling even their lands and belongings in the hope that they'll walk back with gold sacks on their backs.

But tragically, some of these folks couldn't even return to the warm embrace of their eagerly waiting families.

My question to you:

If you had been living during this famous gold rush, what you would have done?

Did you have sold your stuff and abandon your work/studies to join the rush?

Well, till you figure it out, here's my answer to this question.

I won't have joined the rush if it had put by present work at risk.

And here're my logic:

Majority of the stories, as it's bound to happen in such cases, were disastrous.

If I had returned with gold, it would have been like winning a lottery. Not everyone who participates wins; only a handful of guys get the pot.

For me, scampering to join the gold rush would have been like winning a lottery in which the odds of losing are many times higher than winning.

I instead could have directed my energies on doing something more concrete depending on the stream of my interest.

For instance, if I had been running a business, I could have centred my energies at taking it up to the next level. I could have read relevant books and networked with folks who had helped me widened my reach.

I had not rushed towards California because in expanding my business I would have got great results, but not in that feverish rush. It would have been like greed for me...going on a path in which grabbing success would have been depended chiefly on luck.

I'm not saying this to brag, but I'm saying this because I genuinely feel it to be true. I had relied on the regular law of labour, not on some fortunate accident of destiny.

Back to the present...

Stories upon stories bubble up telling that people gave out their account details and private information to fraudsters and were consequently duped of their money.

Flashy investment companies crop up claiming that they'll pay high returns on investments, and vanquish after simple-minded folks deposit their money in them.

More often than not the commonest targets of these tactics are those looking for quick, unrealistically high gains – those who wish to scoff the unbending law of labour.

Back to the question...

Had you been during the famous gold rush of California, what course of action you would have opted for?

Grab some coffee and rack your mind writing its answer.

This would help you get clarity about your current state of mind – fortifying you against all the present-day fraudsters.

Onwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy