6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

For quite some time, and especially after my mother whispered goodbye to this fleeting world, I’m having difficulty waking up fresh and energetic.

Yes, you might say that waking up with that cloggy feeling in mornings is pretty general, but if due to them your normal work is skidding off the rails?

The alarm bells begin to ring, bang, pound. And if you snooze, you lose.

You have to wake up.

Well, first joining a gym and racking my bones to the point of cracking appeared clever. I reasoned that this way I’ll fall asleep as I threw myself on the bed.

Good idea?

But this required a heck lot of time and effort. Going to and from gym, managing office and personal work – all this appeared a little beyond the time and energy at my disposal.

(Additionally, I hate sad and crappy music played in these places. Isn’t it true that all that we expose ourselves to – knowingly or unknowingly – has a bearing on our thinking?)

Second I thought of purchasing some physical exercising machines, but ahem – finance popped up its unemotional head.

So I snooped around a bit on the internet and came across the following points.

1. Meditation. I learnt that meditation clears up clutter from our mind, prevents stress, and provides our mind the rest it needs.

With a freer and calmer mind, we feel light, and are easily lulled into a goodnight’s sleep.

2. Avoiding caffeine before going to bed. Consuming caffeine drives away sleep for a time. I thought that before falling asleep it would be a productive use of my time if I read a few pages.

To ‘utilise’ my time, I drank some tea or coffee. This way I forced myself to remain awake for an hour more or so, but the simple metric is that if we sleep late, we wake up late – and even tired.

So I stopped consuming caffeine before going to bed.

3. Negative thinking. If our minds are filled up with negativity, they’re stressed, and consequently we find it tough to fall asleep.

Thoughts about a sour circumstance that might hit us – or replaying past bitter events in our minds load us with needless stress. Guarding our thoughts is necessary to keep our minds calm and free because it’s directly linked to our sleep.

Lord Buddha said, “We are what we think.”

4. Comfortable bedding. If the bed we’re sleeping on isn’t flat, it can cause us difficulty falling asleep. The same goes with the mattresses, cushions and blankets as well.

If they’re rough or uncomfortable in any way, we might not have a good sleep, and waking up fresh the next morning becomes highly unlikely.

5. Keeping away gadgets. A mountain of studies suggests that blue rays emitting from our screens delay our sleep.

We might be tempted to watch some of those ‘refreshing videos’ to fall asleep quickly. But those blue rays stress our eyes and alert our minds, and consequently we lie awake for a longer time.

Given the addictive nature of gadgets, it’s wise to keep them away from our rooms.

(The best way to avoid slipping is not to go where it’s slippery.)

6. Sleep-suitable lighting. We must ensure that the room we’re sleeping in has lighting suitable to sleep. Excessive lighting makes it difficult for us to fall asleep quickly, and even when we’re sleeping, we fail to sleep soundly.

If our sleep isn’t sound, we find a heaviness on our heads on waking up the next morning.

So?

If you too are unable to wake up fresh and consequently your work is suffering, it’s time to take action now.

Pick up the tips you find particularly relevant to you and crush your work with your full might.

You’re to grab your dreams – no matter the hurdles or the loss.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing these wonderful tips I will try to implement in my lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment. I am grateful that you found the tips interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy