The hidden and more poisonous enemy to success

Ever found yourself avoiding projects that entail risks of failure and mind-racking work?

Yeah, I’m talking of work that you put up to be reviewed and judged.

Not the work that you tinker around with to fill up your time with a ‘productive’ activity – which is for the sheer sake of practice. Not the work that you know you would shove away so that it gets lost in the dark gulf of obscurity.

Here I rather am talking of work that stands the hair-raising risk of rejection, failure, condemnation. Work in which you squeeze out your heart and soul and blood.

Not 100% sure if you thirst for risk and are prepared to be slapped with rejection even after putting out your best – but I confess here that yes, I try several crutch activities to avoid work that entail risk and toil.

This is the reason why before publishing on my blog, I feel hesitant – because I fully know that my work would be up there to come under people’s scrutiny.

I instead prefer to read something which melts away from my mind within an hour. And, if I’m feeling a little too enthusiastic, I dabble with some writing which I know I would file away anywhere never to be seen by anyone.

Such activities offer me the satisfaction of doing something and cancel out the regret which results from ruining my time.

I take refuge in low-critical activities instead of publishing on my blog because I know that the ideas and thoughts published there would reflect my personality.

I know that you won’t appreciate everything that I write. I might be condemned for my diction or style and maybe for my views. You’re likely going to think that I’m stupid or self-centred.

This is the reason why instead of throwing myself in crafting a mind-quickening proposal to be approved or rejected by an authoritative figure I prefer to indulge in some ‘homework’ to get better prepared.

Because you know the harsh truth?

The biggest enemy of great work isn’t work-shyness – it rather is second-level work or activities that we pursue to feel the satisfaction of doing something instead of nothing. Yes, the hidden and probably more lethal enemy to success-fetching work is work that we do half-heartedly, so that we can get a sense of satisfaction of not ruining our time.

Because we know that the first-level work would entail a great degree of risk and toil, we resort to something soft and easy, something second to it.

But the bad news?

If you’re under the view that merely dabbling with your work you would have your deepest, blood-tingling dreams real, you’re not even fooling yourself.

Having the nerves to stomach rejections and ridicule isn’t optional if we want our wildest of dreams come true.

Sometimes the bitterness could be nightmarish, but there’s no other way.

He who is too soft to face criticism has no other way except hiding his work in obscurity for ever and ever.

And this way he would fail by default.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 powerful writing tips to skyrocket your confidence

6 astonishing tips to wake you up fresh and energetic

A truly eyewatering advice from Lord Buddha for joy